Mandarin Orange Salad - Lite and refreshing. Easy to make.
cooking time= 10min
1 can (11 oz) mandarin orange segments
3 tbsp Marukan Lite Vinegar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
6 cups torn butter leaf or other leaf lettuce
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1. Drain orange segments; reserve syrup.
2. Combine vinegar, oil and 1 tbsp reserved syrup in shaker jar or small bowl.
3. Combine lettuce, onion and orange segments in serving bowl.
4. Blend oil and vinegar mixture; pour over lettuce.
5. Toss to combine; serve immediately. Makes 3 to 4 servings.
Thai Chicken Stir-Fry
cooking time= 40min
Great with rice or noodles.
2 tbsp plus 1 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp Marukan Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce, divided
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 whole chicken breast, skinned, boned & thinly sliced
2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
2 carrots, cut into julienne strips
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 zucchini, cut into julienne strips
4 servings hot, cooked rice
1. Combine cornstarch, 2 tbsp soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter and 1 cup water; set aside;
2. Combine remaining soy sauce and chicken;
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok or large frying pan over high heat;
4. Add carrots, onion, garlic and pepper; stir fry 1 minute;
5. Add zucchini; stir-fry 1 minute, or until vegetables are tender-crisp;
6. Remove from wok;
7. Heat remaining oil in same wok;
8. Add chicken; stir-fry 1 minute;
9. Mix in vegetables and vinegar-cornstarch mixture;
10. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and boils; 11. Serve with rice, as desired;
12. Makes 4 servings.