Try plantain chips with your meal. For a authentic South Indian meal serve with the
following Thali (Indian platter) dishes. The variety of taste, texture, aroma and the
presentation will delight you.
A typical South Indian meal served on a banana leaf may consist of the following -
- Indian flat bread or dosa
- Avial or vegetables cooked in coconut milk
- Thoran or vegetable curry that is cooked with fresh vegetables and tomatoes and garlic
- Sambar or lentil soup
- Tamarind soup - made from tamarind water with onions and vegetables
- Plantain chips
- Dessert - try our gulab jamun which are milk doughnuts in rose syrup.