Turmeric is the most healthy and good for you spice. A member of the ginger family it
adds color to a dish turning the dishes to be more visually apetizing. Used extensivel in
Indian cuisine but also in African, Arabic, Persian and Thai cuisines. In India it is
prized for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial effects. For this
reason a small amount of turmeric is added in dishes daily for its spectacular with its
brilliant golden-orange color.
Using Ajika Organic Turmeric In Cooking:
· When cooking dishes add 1/4 tsp. per
person to the dish and enjoy the color and benefit from many healthful properties of
· Turn rice ito a beautiful golden
· Yellow rice (nasi kuning) is popular
on the Eastern islands of Indonesia; it derives its color from fresh or dried turmeric.
· Blend with melted butter and steam in
or drizzle over cooked vegetables, pasta, or potatoes.
· Add before steaming fish it
will season the fish and also make it look great
· Add in lentils and beans and peas
Hint: Use sparingly about ¼ teaspoon per person. Too much turmeric will make the
color of your dish excessive and the taste of the dish bitter. Turmeric needs to be
cooked or steamed alsong with the main ingredient.Caution Excessive turmeric can override
other flavors. Turmeric can stain cooking pots and clothes. Try soap and water to get rid
of turmeric stains. If this does not work try a touch of bleach on cooking pots and
stain remover on clothes takes care of the stains.
Health benefits of Turmeric:Our organic spices are pure, all natural spices and seasonings and fair trade spices. Our dedication to sustainable sourcing insures you get ethical clean spices.
Using our in-house kitchen we make all our blends in Minneapolis. We grind the spices that need to be ground, roast the ones that need to be roasted and keep some spices whole that are traditionally whole in ethnic blends. Did you know that cultures did not grind all their spices and most cultures will use both whole and ground spices in their blends?
This ensures that you get the best flavor, color, aroma, and taste.
We're committed to providing pure organic seasonings that taste great and promote a healthy planet. We're proud to offer the largest selection of organic ethnic spices and spice blends available.
· As an antiseptic and blood purifier
by its internal and external use.
· Diabetes - use with Amalaki (Emblica
· Obesity - use with warm water.
· Cough, cold cook in hot milk by
itself, or with crushed black pepper, and small amount of sugar.
· Inflammation of eyes - instill drops
· As an antitoxic - use with ghee.
· As a skin beautifier - use with milk
internally and with cream externally.
· Sprain - apply warm thick paste on
· Parasites- use with Vidanga ( Emelia
ribes) and jaggery.
· To normalize blood sugar, mix with
equal quantity of Amalaki and swallow twice a day empty stomach.
· For cuts, wounds, fungal nail
infections apply as paste along with aloe vera gel
· For swollen gums and canker sores
apply directly to area as paste.
· In family history of cancer consume
daily as an immunity builder.
· As general protection and immunity tie
turmeric root to chain or wrist with a thread.
· Pregnant women can consume daily to
have children with clear complexions.
· In any swelling due to injury apply a
paste of turmeric.
· Take raw or cooked. (Vata take cooked,
with ghee or in milk).