Marinated Poached Salmon
cooking time= 30min
Light and healthy
1 lb salmon steaks (about 1 in thick)
1 green onion & top, minced
1/4 cup Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp dried dill weed, crumbled
dash white pepper
1 head leaf lettuce, washed & drained
1. Place salmon in single layer into large skillet; cover with water.
2. Bring to boil over high heat.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes until fish flakes easily with fork.
4. Remove salmon from liquid; drain well.
5. Break salmon into bite-size pieces, carefully removing bones and skin.
6. Combine green onion, vinegar, oil, dill and pepper in bowl.
7. Add salmon; gently toss.
8. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
9. Spoon onto lettuce-lined salad plates.
10. Garnish with parsley and ripe olives, as desired. Makes 4 main dish luncheon plates or 8 appetizer plates.