Mango Pie (Makes 4 pies, use half of everything to make 2 pies)
4 Graham Cracker pie crusts
1 can mango pulp
2 small packets of Jell-O (preferably orange or peach, but you can experiment if you'd like)
3 cups sour cream
8 oz cream cheese
3 cups boiling water
1 cup sugar (optional - some think that this makes the pies too sweet)
Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water. Blend cream cheese, sugar and Jell-O mixture, fold in sour cream and blend. Add mango pulp and blend, pour the mixture into the pie crusts and refrigerate (do not freeze) for 3-4 hours. Slice it and serve.
Enjoy your pie!
Mango Ice Cream Recipe
For ice cream, sauces, and most other mango preparations premium canned Alfonso mango puree yields superior results.
Ingredients Serves 6 cups
2 cups fresh cream
2 cups whole organic premium milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 free range eggs
2 cups canned mango puree
1. Place a clean bowl and strainer close at hand.
2. Mix the cream, milk, sugar, and salt together in a heavy saucepan.
3. Place the saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
4. Whisk the egg yolks together in a spacious, heat-tolerant bowl. Temper the yolks by slowly adding one cup of the hot cream mixture while whisking vigorously.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low and whisk the tempered yolks into the saucepan, creating custard. Stir constantly until the custard thickens slightly and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Immediately strain it into a clean bowl.
6. Add the mango puree and stir well. Immediately strain the custard into a clean bowl.
7. Allow to cool to room temperature (approximately one hour).
8.Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 4–6 hours, or overnight.
9. Place the cold custard in the canister of your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
10. Transfer the ice cream to a container, cover, and freeze for at least 4-6 hours to firm up.
NOTE: For best flavor, always remove ice cream from the freezer 20 minutes before serving, or place it in the microwave for 20 seconds.
Mango Lassi (yogurt drink)
Mango Lassi is the perfect cooler on a hot day.
Cook Time: 5 minutes
•3 cups of yogurt (use a cup you will serve the lassi in, to measure)
•1 cup of crushed ice (measure as above)
•1 cup ripe mango pieces or pulp
•Sugar to taste/unsweetened fruit juice or pulp
•1 tsp slivered almonds for each cup
•A dollop of thick cream for each cup (optional)
•Put the yogurt, mango, ice and sugar/juice/pulp in a blender and blend till smooth.
•Pour out into cups, top with a dollop of cream each and slivered almonds and serve.