Kerala matta rice is also known as rosematta rice or Palakkadan matta rice or Kerala red rice or red parboiled rice.It is different from brown rice. Popular in Kerala and Sri Lanka where it is used on a regular basis for idlies, appams and plain rice. The robust, earthy flavor of Red Matta makes it an enticing companion to lamb, beef or game meats.
Rosematta Rice is grown in Tamil Nadu and Kerala in South India. It is rich in fibre and nutrients. Rose Matta Rice is the rice having the outer bran being removed. The grains are yellowish pink from being parboiled with the reddish out layers. Rose Matta Rice maintains a pink hue as well as its flavor on cooking.
Like all brown or par boiled rice, Red Matta has a lengthy cook time and requires extra water.- Cook Indian, Arabic, Turkish or Zereshk Persian rice dishes, including pilafs, Polows, Pilavs, Biryani (an elaborate oven-cooked dish that combines rice with vegetables, meat or seafood) with our Basmati Rice. Its dry texture is ideal for absorbing flavors.
- Our Sushi Rice has an appetizing aroma, sweet flavor and sticky texture. Sushi rice is chewy, springy to make into shapes. It is also glossy and contrasts well with nori, veggies and herbs, fish and meats. Also excellent in silky rice puddings, rice salads, teriyaki, rice bowls and other Asian recipes.
- Thai Jasmine rice is snowy white, soft, tender grains that are a wonderful all around dish that absorbs flavors but also is wonderful by itself. Serve with curries and as a side. Add coconut and make an elegant flavored rich rice. Our store provides rice and rice dishes from around the world. Cook Indian, Chinese, Thai, Turkish, Arabic, and Persian Rice with rice from our store.
• Long-grain rice produces light, fluffy rice and is many times more aromatic. Examples include basmati rice, jasmine rice.
• Short-grain rice, typically found in East Asian cooking, results in rice that is sticky.
• Medium-grain rice is shorter than long-grain and less sticky than short-grain. This is usually used for making paella, Egyptian rice.
• Black & Red rice is used for desserts and is perfect with coconut and sweet fruits like banana and pineapple.
Perfectly Cooked Rice
Use a 2-to-1 water-to-rice ratio, although brown rice tends to require a little bit more water than white. Also, using less water and a dollop of ghee or butter will produce rice that's more firm and less sticky.