This is a neat way to organize your Greek spices. A stainless steel spice container will keep your spices accessible, fresh and handy at all times. The container contains 7 small bowls for your different spices, and also includes a stainless steel spoon that fit easily inside the container. It has a unique extra lid that covers up the spices in a tight lock so the spices remain fresh.
1. Rigani (oregano) is used a lot in Greek cooking appearing in most meat dishes, baked vegetables, sauces and of course on Greek salads.
2. Garifalo (cloves) are an important ingredient in stifado and is also used in breads and sweets.
3. Kumino (cumin) is used in soutzoukakia, the spicey meatballs served in tomato sauce.
4. Sousami (sesame seeds) are used on breads and in halva and with honey to make a sweet called pasteli.
5. Kanela (cinnamon) is used in many sauces and deserts and is sprinkled on apples for a desert after a big meal. We have also added a nutmeg for those few greek recipes that call for it.
6. Mediterranean Seasoning - a Greek influenced spice blend
7. Tatziki Herb and Spice Blend - Tzatziki Yogurt is an accompaniment to Greek meals, and may be used as a dip, as a spread, and as a condiment.
Enjoy Greek dishes like lentil soup, fasolada, moussaka, tzatziki, yuvarlakia, keftethes, boureki, pastitsio, makaronia me kima, (pasta with meat).Integral to cooking year round, spices are supremely important to have in your pantry. It's impossible to imagine many dishes without their distinctive spices and seasonings. Whether you would like your dish flavored bold or subtle, spices add a taste dimension to meals that is simply irresistible.
Spices enhance the natural properties of foods and are an important part of the complex and magical flavors of ethnic cuisines. Spices are high in flavor yet low in fat, calories and sodium offer the opportunity to explore new tastes.