Dalia - Indian Porridge
1 cup cracked wheat
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cardamom powder (elaichi)
1 cup warm whole milk
6 tablespoons pure ghee
1. Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the broken wheat, stirring continuously till it is golden brown in color.
2. Meanwhile, heat 3 cups of water in another pan till warm.
3. Add the water to the broken wheat and increase the flame till the water starts to boil.
4. Then reduce the flame and cook, stirring occasionally till the wheat is almost done.
5. Add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Cook on a slow flame till the ghee separates.
7. Cool for some time.
8. Before serving, add the milk and heat again.
9. Serve hot.