Prairie Rugs are the world's finest cotton area rugs. They are hand-woven in India exclusively for Prairie Rugs Inc. by village artisans. The hand loom process means that each rug will have a slight variation; this is the charm of this handicraft. All finished products are subject to total quality control to insure integrity and longevity.
Prairie Rugs are:
- Made in India with total quality control
- Heavy weight-so they lie flat and don't bunch up
- Triple washed after dyeing to prevent color transfer
Prairie Rugs use:
- Higher grades of cotton that give the rugs a beautiful variation of color
- European dyes to ensure vibrant solid colors
- A high-grade cotton warp thread to ensure longevity
- 30% more warp than other rugs, to provide a tight weave
No child labor is used to make our rugs. The work force consists of men and women, most of whom have worked for 15 years or longer. The workers are paid more than the prevailing wage. They receive benefits such as health care provided for their entire family and disability coverage. They also receive an extra month's bonus pay in October during Diwali, the Hindu Festival of Lights.