4 medium potatoes, boiled and then mashed
1/2 cup green peas, cooked
1/2 cup spinach leaves
4 tbsp fresh coriander, minced
1 tsp. garam masala
1 tsp. ginger minced
3 tbsps cornflour
Oil to deep fry
Salt to taste
1. Mash the boiled potatoes with the boiled peas.
2. Blanch spinach leaves in boiling water. Refresh in cold water and squeeze out excess water. Finely chop.
3. Mix the potato and pea mixture with the spinach.
4. Add the chopped coriander and Garam Masala and ginger. Add cornflour to bind and mix well. Add salt and lime juice to taste.
5. Divide the mixture into 18 equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball and then press it in between your palms to give it a flat patty shape.
6. Heat enough oil in a pan or wok to deep fry. Deep fry the patties in hot oil for three to four minutes. Serve hot.