A Classical Thanksgiving is wonderful holiday meal but, sometimes one may want to make it more adventurous by keeping the dish selections intact but throwing in some interesting flavors to make this Thanksgiving more fun and exciting. Prepare the turkey according to family traditions but entrall and awe your family with some interesting flavors from right across the globe.
To inspire you, here are the side selections with Indian flavor and ideas.
- Curried Nuts and Raisins garnished with carmelized onion rings
- Royal Pilaf garnished with caramelized onions
- Squash Stew - seasoned with tangy tomato, laced with fenugreek leaves and sweetened with Jaggery
- Green Beans with Glazed Shallots and and seasoned with coconut and mustard seeds
- Pan-Roasted potatoes with ginger and a hint of cumin and ajwain
- Mango Puree Sauce
- Mango Shredded Chutney
No Indian meal is complete without a raita and a raita may be added.
This thanksgiving your friends and family will thank you for introducing them to tastes of heaven.