1 bunch spinach, trimmed and washed and cut into thin ribbons by rolling the spinsch and slicing it thin
2 bunches scallions, trimmed, white and pale green sections finely cut
8 Tbls. veg. oil
2 tsp. fresh ginger, finely grated
4 cloved of garlic minced
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. garam masala
- Heat oil oil in a wok, heavy pot over a medium flame.
- Put in the scallions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Scallions should not brown but they should wilt slightly.
- Now add the ginger, garlic.
- Saute another minute or two.
- Add spinach, salt and sugar.
- Saute on low heat, stirring frequently, for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garam masala and mix.