5 medium Potatoes (Boil potatoes, cut 3 potatoes into big pieces and coarsely mash the rest)
3 medium Tomatoes pureed
5 tbsp.. Oil
8 to 10 curry leaves
1 tbsp.. Panchporan
1/4 tsp.. Haldi
1/2 tsp. red chili powder
Salt To taste
a few sprigs of cilantro leaves chopped for garnish
1. In a pan heat oil, put panchporan, red chili powder, haldi and curry leaves.
22. Stir fry for a while. Add pureed tomatoes, keep stirring until it dries up a bit and then put all the potatoes. Mix well.
3. Add 4 cups of water, bring to boil.
4. Add salt and cilantro leaves, let it boil for ten minutes.
7. Serve hot with Indian puris.