1 cup panir, cut into 1-inch cubes (cottage cheese)
1 cup frozen corn, boiled
1/2 cup onion puree
1 bay leaf ie tej patta
1 cinnamon stick (25 mm.)
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 tomato, pureed
1/2 cup yogurt
2 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1a pinch of fenugreek leaves
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon poppy seed
2 garlic clove
1/2 inch piece gingerroot
3 tablespoons warm milk
1. Soak the cashewnuts and poppy seeds in warm milk for 25 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and grind to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves and sauté till the onions fry up golden brown.
4. Add the chilli powder, ground paste and tomatoes and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the yogurt, cream, sugar, garam masala, fenugreek leaves and salt and simmer till the gravy thickens and the oil separates from the masala.
6. Add some water to thin down the gravy if required. Add the paneer and corn and mix well.
7. Serve hot garnished with cilantro.