1.5 tbs Tuvar dal
1.5 tbs urad dal with skin
1.5 tbs masoor dal
1.5 tbs moong dal
1.5 tbs chana dal
1 medium onion chopped
4-5 garlic cloves chopped
2 green chillies chopped
1 small onion chopped fine or grated
1- 2 tbsp. of Dal Masala Spices
Salt and lime juice and sugar to taste
1 tbs oil for cooking
1 tbs cilantro minced
- Mix all the dals and wash properly.
- Cook the dals with 4 cups of water until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the onions, garlic and
chopped chilli. Add Dal Masala spices.
- Fry the mixture until the onions turn pink.
- Add the tomato and fry for a 1 minute.
- Add the cooked dal to this mixture and mix well.
- Add salt and lime juice, a touch of sugar to taste and garnish with minced cilantro.