Paneer may be subsitued by boiled egg or any vegetable of your choice
8 oz. Paneer cubes pan fried goldeen brown: cover while frying as it splatters. (or 4 Eggs, hard boiled and shelled and halved)
1 cup frozen peas thawed or rinced in hot water
5 tablespoons ghee
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup crushed tomato
2 bay leaves or Tejpatta
1/4 tsp. black pepper powder
1" cube of fresh ginger, grated
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 green chilli minced
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. ground coriander seed
1/2 tbsp. turmeric powder
1 tsp. poppy seeds
Salt to taste
1 tsp. garam masala
2 cups of warm water
1. In a blender, blend onion, tomato and green chilli, ginger and garlic.
2. Heat remaining oil and fry bay leaves and cloves for 30 secs. Add the onion paste and fry on medium heat until golden brown (The oil starts separating from the paste as it cooks).
3. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, black pepper powder, poppey seeds and salt. Mix well. Add green peas and fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add water just enough to make thick gravy. Bring the gravy to boil.
5. Add paneer pieces. Stir well and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot.