In India we cook with tastes sweet, sour, bitter, pungent, salty, astringent so I decided to take fresh ingredients to throw it together for the most awesome refreshing salad you could ever make.
• 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, patted dry, and shredded
• 2 cups fruit mix - diced apples, halved grapes, pears or other fruit you have on hand
• 2 cups shredded or bite sized carrots, tomatoes, bellpeppers
• 2 cups minced herbs like mint, parsley, dill, cilantro
• salt, black peppet, lime juice to taste
In a large bowl, toss all the above well so all mixes well.
Not only do herb salads make for a refreshing change, but they also offer health benefits.