The health benefits of massage are many. Massage has a host of therapeutic advantages and to cure autoimmune conditions. it lowers blood pressure, boosts in serotonin, a natural antidepressant. It increases happiness and overall health. Abyhanga or Indian daily massage helps you to enliven your body daily, relax and get stress free. Use massage on problem areas to relieve pain. Marma points (key points of that often become blocked, causing tension or pain) By massaging these points we can put the flow of energy back in harmony in your body. Soothes the nervous system while therapeutically nourishing muscle tissue. Improves circulation and revitalizes dehydrated skin. Aroma-therapeutic properties relieve everyday tension.
In India we grow up with a ritual of massage. Our mothers massage us everyday after we are born for atleast the first year, later we are taught to massage ourselves as a daily ritual or we continue to have partners or family members do it for us.
In our culture massage has the following benefits:
- Massage helps to improve our circulation and allows chi or lifeforce to flow freely through our body.
- Masage raises our energy level
- Massage is a preventive system as it helps us improve our immunity
- Massage releases toxins from our muscles and lyumph nodes
- Massage makes our skin remain young and supple by giving it moisture
- Massage helps keep our body in balance and helps us in the mind-body conection
- Massage helps us to honor our body and our being