1 cup yam peeled and diced
1 cup opo or ash gourd peeled and diced
1 raw bananas peeled and diced or 2 cup cauliflower
2 Drumsticks - may be substituted with beans cut in 3 inch lengths
2 potato peeled and diced
1/2 cup Shelled peas
1 cup yogurt whisked smooth
Curry leaves Few
1/4 cup Coconut oil
1 tbsp. mustard seeds
1 tsp. hing or asafetida
PASTE : - grind the following with 1/4 cup of water
Shredded coconut 1/4 cup or add 4 tbsp of coconut milk dries
2 Green chillies.
1 tsp. Cummin seeds
1. Mix the curd to the ground paste and keep aside.
2. Steam all the vegetables with very little water till soft.
3. Mix all the cooked vegetables together with salt.
4. Add the paste and heat through on low, taking care to prevent the yogurt from curdling.
5. Heat coconut oil. Add mustard seeds till they splutter, then add asafetida and curry leaves and mix well. Pour over the dish and fold in.
6. Serve hot with rice.