Ajika's fresh organic spices and organic herbs are a blissful culinary experience that also invigorate, protect and nourish. Ajika's herbs and spices have been utilized to heal the body, mind and spirit. Ajika's spices and herbs provide anti-inflammatory benefits, act as anti-oxidants, balance blood sugars, and improve circulation and cardiovascular health without needless fat and calories.
Spice Pairings! Use this as a guide for using spices from our store.
- Organic Allspice: Apples, beets, cabbage, caramel, cardamom, cinnamon, organic
meats, ginger, juniper, nuts, nutmeg, onions, pears, poultry, pumpkin, root vegetables,
seafood, staple in Caribbean cuisine
- Organic Anise - Beets, caramel, carrots, chocolate, citrus, cinnamon, coconut,
cranberry, fruis, meats, Mediterranean, root vegetables, seafood, tea
- Organic Caraway: Beans, beets, cabbage, cheese, cured meats, dill, fennel,
harissa, garlic, nuts, mushrooms, onions, oregano, potatoes, root vegetables, sausage,
seafood, yeast breads
- Organic Chile peppers: make any food or fruit spicy
- Organic Cardamom - On stone fruits, beans, caramel, with cinnamon, citrus,
coconut, coffee, curry, dates, ginger, grains, grains of paradise, nuts, pepper, pumpkin,
rice, puddings, rice, sugar, squash, breads. Cardamom is commonly used in Indian, Arabic,
Scandanavia, Persian, African and Turkish Asian cuisine.
- Organic Cinnamon: With vanilla, ginger, cardamom, curry, breads, apples, dates,
figs, rice, squash, curries, rice - an all purpose spice
- Organic Clove: Apples, beets, baking, cinnamon, citrus, curries, organic meats,
ginger, nuts, nutmeg, peaches, pineapple, pumpkin, root vegetables, sausages, tomatoes.
Cloves were first used in North Moluccas, the Spice Islands of Indonesia, Brazil,
West Indies, Mauritius, Madagascar, India, Sri Lanka, Zanzibar and Pemba.
- Organic Cilantro, All kinds of herbs, eggplant, figs, garlic, onions, oregano,
potatoes, tomato, curries, roganjosh, sausage, seafood
- Organic Coriander - Beans, cilantro, cumin, cured meats, curry, organic meats,
mint, parsley, pestos, poultry, all vegetables, seafood, tomatoes, curries. Coriander is
commonly used in Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Indian, South Asian, Mexican, Latin
American, Chinese, African and Southeast Asian cuisine.
- Organic Cumin - Avocados, beans, beef, cilantro, citrus, coconut, cucumber,
curries, garlic, grains, mango, mint, onion, parsley, poultry, sausages, seafood,
tomatoes, yogurt. Cumin is a popular ingredient in Indian, Middle Eastern, Asian,
Mediterranean and Mexican cuisine.
- Organic Fennel - Artichokes, anise, apples, artichokes, basil, beans, blue
cheese, cabbage, cilantro, curries, dill, eggplant, figs, garlic, olives, onions, oregano,
parsley, potatoes, thyme, tomato, sausage, seafood
- Organic Fenugreek - Allspice, beans, cumin, cardamom, chiles, cinnamon,
coconut, curry, fish, organic meats, ginger, potatoes, poultry, soups, vegetables
- Organic Ginger - Add to savory dishes and to cakes and cookies. Used in
Asian Indian, West African and Caribbean cuisines.
- Organic Mustard - Anchovy, anise, asparagus, beef, beets, blue cheese, cabbage,
capers, chiles, cured meats, fennel, honey, poultry, vegetables, sausage, seafood,
vinegar, yeast bread
- Organic Marjoram - in most Mediterranean and Middle Eastern savory dishes
- Organic Nutmeg - Allspice, asparagus, blue cheese, cabbage, carrots, cinnamon,
cheese, clove, coffee, cranberries, cumin, curry, eggs, tomatoes, gravy, ginger, green
beans, pasta, peaches, pumpkin, potato, sausage, sugar, vanilla
- Organic Black Pepper - Perks up any dish or ingredient
- Organic Saffron - Basil, bay, berries, chives, cinnamon, cloves, coriander,
cumin, curry, fennel, garlic, ginger, grains, mint, parsley, poultry, rice, sausage,
seafood, tomatoes, gravy, curry, desserts
- Organic Sesame - In sweets, on fruits, caramel, chocolate, chiles, cinnamon,
citrus, coconut, coffee, dates, lavender, nuts, eggplant, organic meats, garlic, ginger,
leafy greens, nuts, mustard, onions, pasta, pepper, poultry, root vegetables, rosemary,
rice, seafood, stone fruits, thyme, vinegar, yeast bread
- Organic Turmeric - use in all savory dishes and to add color to warming milk
- Organic Vanilla - In sweets, on fruits, desserts, caramel, chocolate, chiles,
cinnamon, citrus, coconut, coffee, dates, lavender, nuts